Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Forgotten on Valentine's Day

          Yesterday, my boyfriend called me from his job and asked me "what I was going to make for dinner?"  He was soooo hungry and wanted to be sure that I was cooking because he was very hungry.  My response was "Oh that is sooooo sweet that you are going to take me and my kids out for a Valentine's Day Dinner."......before he could even respond to me, I kept going on and on about how he called me from work to tell my about a special Valentine's Day dinner. I tricked him into taking me out for dinner...yay!

          We ended up going out the eat at a local place in town called Russ'.  I ordered Monterey chicken and a baked potato with sour cream, and that is when the trouble started!

          Of course, the place was packed because it was Valentine's Day but we didn't care.  After we got a table we sat down and ordered our food.  LOL....I started coloring a picture (the back of the kiddie menu)...so I did not realize that we were waiting for quite a long time.  I guess I was pretty focused on my art work.  I did notice that many people who sat at tables around us were already done eating, and they got there after us.  45 minutes later, my boyfriend said something to a waitress, and guess what?....We were forgotten on Valentine's Day!  They forgot us.  After he spoke to the waitress our food came to our table in record time.  They forgot my sour cream...(not that I really need that extra fat), my boyfriend was missing his honey mustard and his mayo....that he asked for.  Ugh...we were getting really frustrated with the service,by time we got our food the restaurant was not even busy anymore.  I did not think it could get any worse, but that is when my boyfriend took a huge bite of his BURNT hamburger.  That was it!!  We had has enough.  After speaking to a manager, he ended up with getting a fresh new hamburger (that was not burnt).


They felt so bad that we were forgotten that they gave us our entire meals for free.  They also made sure that we ordered desserts all FOR FREE!!


Since we were there for such a long time...we decided to take our desserts to go.




What started out as a BAD dinner---ended up as a GOOD dinner because FREE is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment