Wednesday, February 23, 2011

You WANNA read THIS!!

I guess I have been crabby lately. (Disclaimer:  You are only getting MY version of the events, I am 100% sure my boyfriend has a whole different version that probably involves me nagging).

One day, I felt that I had a great reason to be crabby.  That particular day, I woke up with a stomach ache and knew I could NOT afford to be sick since I had an important exam to take the next day.  

When I got up, I could not stand that the sink was full of dishes and laundry was all piled up.  I was feeling overwhelmed because I really needed to study.  I also had to be sure that I picked up my kids from school and I wanted to go to the store to get some theraflu.  

When I walked into my trashed out living room, I saw my wonderful boyfriend laying on the couch watching his first of FOUR movies that he rented I was instantly pissed.  When I tried to ask him for help around the house, he was too focused on the dumb TV to listen to me. With my list of chores, kids, studying, and everything else the only thing I wanted was Theraflu and a fricken nap.  I guess that was TOO MUCH to ask.  

I knew I was going to be irritated if I stayed home, so I left.  In my pajama pants, messy hair, and winter gear--I headed out the door.  I went to the store and bought theraflu and something for me to eat.  Then I went and parked my car at my kids school and studied for 3 hours with no distractions.

The next day, I felt 100% better....I must of had a 24 hour thing.  When my boyfriend came home from work, he put this on the table for me. 
WTF!!!  Cramp tabs???  Knuckle Bandages???  I mean is he for real???  Can't I be crabby and sick?....Does it have to be PMS!!??....Well, if that is what he thinks---whatever but I think I am gonna need a bigger PAD!!  At least he got wings on the band-aids.  I swear I will never understand MEN!!

Dirty little secret:  The band-aids were for him...he cut himself at work.  I guess he got the cramp tabs at work too (he works with women). Since they all were in his same pocket, he gave them all to me.  I guess that solves the mystery on why he gave me band-aids......

1 comment: