Monday, February 21, 2011

I spent TOO much

I am in love with MAKE-UP!!
I love MAC Make-up and I know it is expensive.  One area that I will spend more on is a great Foundation and concealer.  As I mentioned before in my other post,  I love Mac's concealer.  

I also love the Studio Tech Foundation.  It is a full coverage cream make-up.  This foundation costs $29.50, but it lasts a long time.  Just a little bit really does go a long way.  You can order it online, or get it at your local MAC make-up counter.  I suggest going to the the make-up counter when spending money on a foundation, that way they can help match you to a correct color.  FYI: You can also return it and exchange it for a new color if it is not right.
 Another great foundation option is Revlon's ColorStay.  This foundation costs about $10.50, and can be purchased anywhere Revlon is sold.  I got mine at Walmart and it was priced at  $10.24.  This foundation comes in different formulas for different skin types and it also has a great range of natural skin tone colors to choose from.  Here is a picture of my bottle....(sorry it is all dirty...I use this foundation often, because it is cheaper than MAC).

You can make any foundation look flawless by using a great face primer.  A primer is applied to your skin BEFORE the foundation.  A great primer will make your skin feel smooth like silk.  Having a great smooth base is important to making the foundation look perfect.  

I am not too picky on my face primers.  In the past I have used department store primers and drug store primers......and I honestly did not see much of a difference except the price tag.  Cheaper is better in my opinion, so my current primer I am using is called Hard Candy Sheer Envy.  This primer is light weight,and gives my skin a wonderful smooth finish.  I paid around $8.00 for it, but it came with a free lip gloss!!  I love free things!!  Walmart carries the Hard Candy brand.
Wearing a powder over your foundation is also important to keep your foundation in place.  I am not recommending any powders, because I use any powder.  In my make-up collection I have Covergirl, MAC, Max Factor, Revlon, Clinique,  and many more brands.  There is not one that stands out as being better than the other ones. 

Another key to making a foundation look perfect, is having a great setting spray.  Currently I am using Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray.  The bottle states that it will make your make-up stay on for up to 16 hours.  I do not think that is totally true, but I do see a HUGE difference when I use this product.  If I am going to be going out dancing or for special occasions, I make sure I use this.  All you do is mist in on your face after you apply all of your make-up and your good to go.  It doesn't just help with foundations....it helps with all your make-up.  It was perfect for Halloween when I was concerned with keeping my make-up on.  This product runs around $30, I think it was $29 to be exact.  You can get this at ULTA, or online.  I ordered mine online and I got to choose a bunch of free samples.  I have had mine for over 6 months and still have 1/2 a bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment